MOVING UP IN BERLIN
15 May 2022, Berlin, Germany
– Alexander Sims: Qualifying – 02 / Race – 09 / Points – 02
– Oliver Rowland: Qualifying – 17 / Race – 11 / Points – 00
– Alexander Sims: Qualifying – 11 / Race – 18 / Points – 00
– Oliver Rowland: Qualifying – 10 / Race – 07 / Points – 06
Rounds 7 & 8 of the 2022 FIA ABB Formula E World Championship took place at Berlin’s famous Templehof this weekend, with Sunday’s race running the reverse track to give teams an additional challenge in the already intense double-header.
The weekend proved that great strides had been made once again at Mahindra Racing, with Oliver setting the pace in Saturday’s first practice and Alexander qualifying on the front row. While Alexander was unable to hold on to a podium position in the race, he managed to take his first points of the season by crossing the line in ninth in the #29 M8Electro. Oliver served his three-place grid penalty from Monaco and started in 17th. He charged the #30 M8Electro through the pack to finish just outside points in 11th and was pleased with the car’s progress once again.
On Sunday, neither made it through to the Duels but both were feeling confident with their cars for the race. Oliver, starting in 10th, began picking off the competitors ahead, reaching as high as the top-five but, when the chequered flag fell, he had dropped slightly to seventh. Alexander’s race was hampered by contact and resulting damage, and he had to settle for 18th.
– Mahindra Racing: 8th / 12 Points
– Oliver Rowland: 14th / 10 Points
– Alexander Sims: 18th / 2 Points
Season 8 stats
– Wins: 0
– Podiums: 0
– Pole Positions: 0
– Duel Appearances: 3
– Fastest Laps: 0